We are open daily 10 AM to 5 PM, except as noted below:
Open Daily 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, throughout the Summer, from Victoria Day until Labour Day
Open Tuesday thru Sunday 10:00 AM to 5 PM, throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring Seasons, with exceptions as noted below.
Closed most Mondays, throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring Seasons, except Holiday Mondays, from after the Labour Day weekend until the Victoria Day weekend. Open Holiday Mondays, including February Family Day, Thanksgiving Monday, etc.
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Sunday.
Severe weather may lead to temporary closures. Please call 403-553-2731 if you hear of severe weather to confirm. You can also check our Facebook page, for weather updates and closure notices.
Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump is located 18 kilometres (15 minutes) North and West of Fort Macleod on Secondary Highway #785 (paved).
275068 Secondary Highway 785
Legal Land Location
SW 6 - 9 - 27 - W4
- Adult (18-64): $15
- Senior (65+): $13
- Youth (7-17): $10
- Family (2 Adults + Youths to a maximum of 8 people): $40
- Child (0-6): FREE
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne card): FREE
- Cultural Access Pass: FREE
Payment can be made by cash (Canadian and American), debit, Visa, Master Card, and American Express. Please note there is no ATM onsite.
- Visitor Information Center
- Gift shop - Closed for 2021 - Re-opening Summer 2022
- Cafeteria - Closed for 2021 - Re-opening Summer 2022
- Picnic tables
- 1.2 kilometre hiking trail beneath the cliff
- 200 metre walk upper trail
- Viewpoints and interpretive panels outside the Centre
- Handy building map here (pdf 300 kb)
Buffalo Jump Café
- The Buffalo Jump Cafe remains CLOSED, for This Summer of 2021
- The Cafe will re-open in 2022
Bus Tour Group Visits
- We are working with Bus Tour Operators to plan for Next Summer 2022
- Contact our Marketing Director, Quinton.Crowshoe@gov.ab.ca
- "Napi's Creations" remains closed for Summer 2021. We will re-open in 2022.
- Only Certified Service Animals are allowed onsite.
- We encourage you to carry official documentation with your Certified Service Animal.
- "Emotional Support Animals" are generally not considered Service Animals.
- Allow at least 2 hours for a complete tour of the Interpretive Centre galleries and Cliff Top Viewpoint.
- Check the local weather before visiting. Severe weather may lead to temporary closures. Check our Facebook page for updates about closures during severe weather like winter blizzards.
- Large parking lot and overflow parking available.
- Plenty of room for RV (recreational vehicle) parking, tour buses, and turnaround.
- No overnight parking.