Are you a Bus Tour Operator? We specialize in group tours and experiences. Basic admissions for self-guided visits are offered for Summer 2022. We cannot guarantee any offer of guided tours by Blackfoot Guides, as we continue to recover and transition out of the covid-19 era, back to normal operations. Please bear with us and enjoy our self guided experience - this is also very enjoyable for visitors. The site story is extremely well told, as you make your way through the seven levels of exhibits. The Upper Trail Viewpoint and the Lower Trail are also very well signed, for self guiding tours.
Overview of Self-Guiding Interpretive Centre click here
All Bus Tours should pre-book their arrival date and time, to ensure that you receive the group booking rate.
We work with both tour operators and receptive tour operators. For further information, Group Tour Operators can contact our Head of Marketing, Quinton Crow Shoe at email@example.com
To make a reservation for your group, contact the Interpretive Centre by phone, at 403-553-2731 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group rates apply for groups of 15 or more
- All groups must book a minimum of 24 hours in advance to qualify for group rates
- Groups receive a 20% discount on admission when pre-booked (15 or more people).
- Net rates for tour operators are available.
- Payment is due upon arrival and must be made in one payment. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, debit, cash, and cheques (payable to "Government of Alberta").
- Cancellations not received 3 days prior to arrival will be charged the full amount. Call 403-553-2731 to cancel.
- The Interpretive Centre remains self-guided for 2022. Guided Tours with a Blackfoot Guide will resume once we have fully transitioned out of the pandemic era. We expect the summer of 2022 to be a transition year, with limited availability of Blackfoot Guides, for personalized tours with bus tour groups. Please bear with us as we work to resume normal operations. The self-guided visit remains a thorough and pleasant experience - allow 2 hours, to see it all!
- The Buffalo Jump Cafe remains closed for now. It will open again next year, in the summer of 2023, when post-covid era operations have fully resumed. This year, we still expect visitation numbers to be lower than normal, as the tourism industry recovers. We can recommend restaurants in the local area that can accommodate bus tours. Contact our Head of Marketing, Quinton Crow Shoe, at email@example.com for recommendations.
When You Arrive
- Running late? Let us know by calling 403-553-2731.
- Upon arrival pull your bus up to the top of the hill and stop at the bus turnaround. Unload all passengers before returning to the parking lot. It is a short walk back up the hill to the Interpretive Centre. There are marked bus parking stalls in the Lower Parking Lot.
- Tour managers: please stop at the Kiosk or Info Desk, upon arrival, for further instructions and payment.
- The Gift Shop is open, with some restrictions to personal access. Most popular items are still available.
- Please ensure that clients with limited mobility have someone to assist them throughout the facility tour.